Sunday, September 18, 2016

Blowing away the dust


Its been over three months from the last update. I feel i need to fill you guys in on how things stand with this blog. Its not dead first of all, so Hurray for that.

What happened is that summer came, and so came my summer holiday. I got some painting done, travelled a little. I really didnt have time to blog. As things settled and i had more time to spare it was time to update the blog. Thats when i ran into major problems. My laptop broke so i had no way of getting pictures out of my camera. I also didnt have enough spare money to just walk into a store and pick up a new laptop. I wanted the next laptop to have enough juice to run couple of things more, so i needed to wait.

Now i have the new laptop, but now i have another problem... My camera is and old Canon, and it has issues with Windows 10. Windows 10 causes the camera to have a connection error if the camera has more than 1000 photos in its memory card. Well, i have little over 3000 on it and most of them are important for example of my children, so deleting down to 1000 is not an option. I also dont have a memory card reader or know of a place where i could use one. I need to come up to a solution soon.

What im going to now is to blog about subjects, that dont need photos or i can use them from the internet.

Thats pretty much it about the status of the blog.

Dropzone Commander

I ahve been playing quite much of dropzone commander lately. Actually it has been allmost the only game that i have been paying. Reconquest: Phase 2 book has now been out for some time. Alltough i dont own it, i have been playing scenarios from it and using the new units from it. This is one of the things im going to blog about later, so stay tuned.

Dropfleet commander

I pledged into the Dropfleet Commander kickstarter form Hawk wargames. The Kickstarter has beed delayed by a couple of months, but should be shipping soon. I will make a unboxing post when it arrives.

Painting

Remember a while back, i gave you a hint that im going to start a new painting project about modern warfare with 28mm miniatures? Well i did. And i have competed it! Now its just the camera problem to sort out and i can show it to you guys.

I have decided on the next painting project i will do and have ordered stuff for it from couple of shops. This time it wont be 28mm but smaller scale and from the game that i love. Stay tuned for posts about it.

Frostgrave campaing

 I made myself a frostgrave warband and played the first game in the campaing. Im affraid i just dont have the time to participate in it. I enjoyed the first game rather much, but still...

That is all for today. Expect a new update in a week or two.

-Nojis

No comments:

Post a Comment