Thursday, January 1, 2015

US Marines and Pacific bunkers


First of all happy year 2015 to everyone!

9 hours and 17 minutes have passed since this year started and its time for my first blog post.
I decided to use my spare time of my last vacation day to show you my US marines and wooden bunkers for Pacific theatre.

Juha from my gaming club is planning a Pasific Bolt Action campaing for us. I wanted to give a small contribution to the campaing. Iwill be taking these bunkers to our club so everyone can use them.

It took somewhat two hours to build and paint the small one and three hours for the bigger. Not counting drying times ofcource. I had only 15 minutes here and there to work on these at a time so it has taken a long period of time to get them ready, but i made it before the campaing starts. Yay!

 I wanted a rather worn look on my marines, so it looks they have seen some action. This was achieved by usin army painter dark tone. I might paint eyes for the marines, but im not sure yet. I have other projects comming up. I still need to paint three marines so all of my 30 marines are done. They will be done rather soon tough. Lets take a look at some pictures now.

My Marine force

Sniper team





Bazooka Joe


Command Squad



First squad

Second squad

smg marines

shotgun marines

squadleaders. The one on right is also FAO






These are the wooden bunkers i were talking about. Simple and looks good enough for the battlefield

The smaller has room for everything on a 60mm base and smaller. Bigger one for 60mm and 25mm bases or around 8x 25mm bases. The roofs of both bunkers come off for easy access.



















 Thats all for today! Drop me a comment or subscribe to the blog. As for this year i will be posting about the Pacific campaing and Dropzone Commander miniature game.

-Nojis

9 comments:

  1. The bunkers look great, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I like the sniper team's helmet trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, absolutely great! Now it's time to start seriously devising the Tarawa -mini campaign, where those nice bunkers of yours will be used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, it's normally quite useful to have more than one BAR in a squad, cause nips are really bad in up close and personal engagements! But that's merely an observation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. Looking forward to the campaign and fighting with my japs in those bunkers! BTW I have plenty of jungle plants, should you want to tune to more jungle-like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu but i actually had a box of Lustria plants myself but i donated them to the club. I have so little space to storage anything hobby related. Thats why i usually dont do alot scenery. Alltough i enjoy building them very much.

      Delete
  6. How about first game on Wednesday 21st January? That time the first wave will hit the shores of Tarawa! (actually this was the only channel to reach you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bunkers look great. Also the paintjob on the soldiers is nice.Creative ideas and the rough look is a way to go. Keep on doing those things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments everyone! See you at Tarawa.

    ReplyDelete