Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bolt Action: Pacific and Europe, Infinity

Hello there! Its time to update you on what i have been doing, which is not much. I have played couple games of Bolt Action. I painted one infinity figure, but mostly i have been sick or at work, or sick at work.

Here are some photos of my recent Bolt Action games. The first game is from the pacific theatre and  was against Herkko's Japanese army. There is not much to say abaut that game, as i had no idea how to face the Japanese. Objective was for me to keep my side of the river clear of the Japs and for them to get three units on my side at the end of the game for a victory. There were some losses for my marines. Well actually all of them got slaughtered by the Japanese Banzai warriors...


Bolt Action: Pacific




Herkko's Japanese Army
A mixed squad of Juha's and my marines


Japanese getting over the river





Bolt Action: Italy vs French


Next up is my game from last wednesday. This game was also against Herkko but Italian Bersaglieris. Objective was to destroy the enemy base and protect your own base. My base was the house with blue roof and Herkkos was the house on the top left. There was nothing special abaut this match as neither of us got to make any big moves agains enemy base.

Couple of highlights from the game tough:

1. My mortar hit three times, killing half of italian infantry squad and whole italian command squad. It is allways so much fun to hit with the mortar.
2. Renault FT-17 survived the game, even after taking a penetrating hit from italian light at-team.

Lesson from the game for me was that, if there is a objective in the game, i really need to push for it alot harder. I allways tend to turtle with my forces and try to keep them at full strenght. I need to learn that if i want to win, i will take some casualties with my units.












Infinity


I made some progress with my infinity figures. I bought the Morat Aggression force sectorial pack many months ago. I had major troubles with painting these as i couldnt come up with a good color scheme. Now after giving the scheme some tought i have gone for a green style.


 Here is the old scheme:


 And my new scheme on a Sogarat with a heavy machine gun:



And in the last picture there is the progress i have made on my Anyat. The whole force is still far from getting done, as next i need to paint more marines for our Pacific campaing which will be starting in January.

Comments and feedback are very much welcomed. Especially from the painting of the infinity figures. I am not very good at edge highlighting which you can see on the Sogarat. Infinity figures are a good practise for me as i will not be using Armypainter quickshades on them.









No comments:

Post a Comment